Angiex is seeking a talented, creative, self-motivated scientist with a background in protein therapeutics to join in the discovery and pre-clinical development of antibody-based drugs. The successful candidate will be responsible for laboratory aspects of biologic drug development including antibody production, purification, and characterization; evaluation of ADC designs; experiments to elucidate target biology; and management of CROs. The job offers exceptional opportunity for career development in one of Boston’s most exciting and promising biotech startups.
- Design and conduct experiments through all stages of discovery and development of antibody-based therapeutics, including evaluation of antibodies, linkers, payloads, conjugation methods, and CROs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, cloning, transfection, expression, and purification of antibodies.
- Evaluate antibodies, fragments, and ADCs for biochemical and biophysical characteristics including stability, affinity, kinetics, and binding epitopes.
- Oversee antibody humanization and affinity maturation.
- Perform assays in support of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and anti-drug antibody studies.
- Develop assays required to support GMP manufacturing of biologics.
- Be talented enough to rapidly master tasks you’ve never done before, cooperative and communicative enough to make a great team even stronger, dedicated enough to accomplish in one week what others do in two, careful enough that experimental results are reliable, honest enough to say when they aren’t, creative enough to wake up at 3 am with ideas you can’t wait to share, and cheerful enough to enjoy to the fullest the most exciting job you’ll ever have.
- Cure cancer.
- Ph.D. in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, immunology, or a related discipline with substantial experience in wet-bench laboratory work and a strong record of accomplishment.
- (Scientist) At least 2 years postdoctoral experience.
- (Senior Scientist) At least 2 years, preferably 5 to 10 years, of biopharmaceutical experience in the development of antibody-based drugs, preferably including experience with antibody-drug conjugates. Familiarity with regulatory requirements for biologics.
- Highly self-motivated, talented, versatile, with excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently yet team-oriented; capable of building strong relationships with peers within the firm and partners outside the firm; a preference for working in a highly communicative and cooperative team; honesty, transparency, humility, integrity.
Application: Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Angiex is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.