Angiex is an innovative science-focused startup developing vascular-targeted biologic therapies for cancer and other diseases. Angiex has a novel platform for delivery of diverse therapeutics to tumor cells and angiogenic vessels; Angiex’s lead program is an antibody-drug conjugate therapy for solid tumors. Angiex was launched out of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School in 2016, is resident at LabCentral in Cambridge, and is backed by prestigious investors. Angiex founders have previously discovered VEGF-A, been recognized as the world’s leading experts in tumor blood vessel biology, developed new methods for per cell mRNA quantification, founded four companies, written a best-selling diet book, and won prizes for best salsa and pie at LabCentral.
Angiex is seeking a talented, creative, self-motivated research associate to join in (1) cell biology investigations of novel cellular pathways in endothelial cells and tumor cells, and (2) the evaluation of drugs specific to those pathways in cells in vitro and mice in vivo. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in cell biology, cell culture, and imaging, plus a proven ability to perform in vivo mice studies. The job offers exceptional opportunity for career development in one of Boston’s most exciting and promising biotech startups.
- Perform cell culture, PCR, Western blot, immunoassays, cell and tissue staining for flow cytometry and confocal microscopy.
- Characterize the potency and signaling activity of candidate therapeutics in vitro.
- Perform common pharmacology and toxicology studies in mice in vivo, including studies of efficacy in tumor models, toxicity in healthy mice, and pharmacokinetics.
- Cure cancer.
- MS or BS in biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related discipline with substantial experience in wet-bench laboratory work and a strong record of accomplishment including a publication record.
- Highly self-motivated, talented, and versatile candidate who can excel in a fast-paced and cooperative working environment, and who works with independent initiative yet in a team-oriented manner.
- Capable of building strong, intimate, cooperative relationships with peers within the firm and partners outside the firm, relationships characterized by honesty, transparency, humility, and integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be talented enough to rapidly master tasks you’ve never done before, cooperative and communicative enough to make a great team even stronger, dedicated enough to accomplish in one week what others do in two, careful enough that experimental results are reliable, honest enough to say when they aren’t, creative enough to wake up at 3 am with ideas you can’t wait to share, and cheerful enough to enjoy to the fullest the most exciting job you’ll ever have.
Application: Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits: Angiex provides a highly competitive package of benefits including a broad selection of medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401k plan, free parking in an adjacent garage or a free MBTA pass, and free membership at MIT Recreation. All employees receive equity options.
Angiex is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.