Angiex is seeking a talented, creative, self-motivated scientist with a background in preclinical pharmacology to carry out in vivo and in vitro pharmacology studies of vascular-targeted therapeutics. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience performing in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies in mice, as well as strong skills in cell culture experiments and imaging. Angiex is looking for terrific talents who love science, do careful and reproducible work, and will enhance our reputation for extraordinary accomplishment. The job offers exceptional opportunity for scientific and clinical impact in one of Boston’s most exciting and promising biotech startups.
- Develop and execute in vivo experiments in mice in models of cancer, cardiovascular, and inflammatory disease to study the effect of antibody-drug conjugate therapeutics; analyze data from pharmacology, PK and toxicology studies
- Perform ex vivo procedures and analysis including isolation of DNA/RNA from tissue, qPCR and ELISA, histological staining, and imaging of samples.
- Proficiency in a variety of techniques including handling of laboratory mice, dosing, blood collection and tissue harvest, surgery, development of animal models; cell culture support including maintaining and plating of cell lines; ability to perform routine molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, isolation of DNA/RNA using standard kits, etc.; experience with assay development and validation of immunochemical and cell based bioassays; and imaging methods including histological staining and confocal microscopy.
- Be talented enough to rapidly master tasks you’ve never done before, cooperative and communicative enough to make a great team even stronger, dedicated enough to accomplish in one week what others do in two, careful enough that experimental results are reliable, honest enough to say when they aren’t, creative enough to wake up at 3 am with ideas you can’t wait to share, and cheerful enough to enjoy to the fullest the most exciting job you’ll ever have.
- Cure cancer.
- PhD in Biology or Biochemistry with at least 2 years of industry experience, or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Pharmacology with extensive industry experience.
- Experience performing in vivo rodent pharmacology and toxicology studies, cell culture experiments, and imaging studies.
- Highly self-motivated, talented, versatile, with excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently yet team-oriented; capable of building strong relationships with peers within the firm and partners outside the firm; a preference for working in a highly communicative and cooperative team; honesty, transparency, humility, integrity.
Application: Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angiex provides a highly competitive package of benefits including a broad selection of medical, dental, and vision plans, free parking in an adjacent garage or a free MBTA pass, and free membership at MIT Recreation.
Angiex is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.